Our night-time lenses can help you to have clear vision throughout the day without correction
WHAT IS OVERNIGHT VISION CORRECTION?
OVC is a non-surgical treatment which corrects short-sightedness (myopia). Custom designed overnight contact lenses are worn while you sleep and then removed each morning, resulting in clear, natural vision all day long.
PERFECT VISION ALL DAY & NIGHT
With overnight vision correction you can see while wearing the contact lenses, but just as importantly, when you take them out in the morning your vision will also be clear and crisp.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Short-sightedness (myopia) is effectively when the eyeball too long. Overnight contact lenses act like a jelly mould to gently flatten the cornea by less than a hair’s width. This is sufficient to alter the angle at which the light enters the eye so that it focuses correctly on the retina rather than in front of it. To maintain this effect the lenses must be worn each night.
Overnight vision correction gives you all the benefits of laser surgery without the expense and pain.
OVC IS IDEAL FOR:
– Children – it provides daytime clear vision without the fuss of lenses.
– Research has concluded that it is great in myopia control; to stop the worsening of shortsightedness.
– Allergy sufferers – allows glasses-free vision, even during hay fever season.
– Sports enthusiasts – remove the risk or damaging/losing eyewear whilst engaging in physical activity.
– Dry eye sufferers – avoid the irritation that can sometimes be caused by day time contact lenses.
WHY HAVEN’T I HEARD OF OVC BEFORE?
The science of overnight vision correction – or orthokeratology – is not new, but it is only in recent years that the technology has allowed for the accurate measurement of the eye to be translated by computer. Once translated, the information can be used to create precisely manufactured, personalised contact lenses.
For more information about the orthokeratology or to book an appointment please give our friendly team a call on 0207 937 8282 and they will be happy to help.